Merced National Wildlife Refuge
Where else can you see tens of thousands of waterfowl, plus sand hill cranes, swans, white pelicans, egrets, owls, hawks, coyotes, and if you’re lucky, a bald eagle? Easy to get to, and guaranteed to deliver great wildlife shots right to your camera lens.
- 45 minutes north of Fresno, 15 minutes south of Merced.
- Open daily, dawn to dusk. No entry fee.
- Easily accessible by car. Minimal or no walking required.
- Best time of year to go: November through February.
- Best time to take pictures: Dawn to dusk.